Riot Games' social channels span across numerous platforms and services to support players all across the globe. They're the primary communication method with our highly-engaged players, supporting product releases, updates, community feedback and, obviously, memes.
As the Senior Manager of Social Strategy of Esports on the Player Community team, you will help set the vision and global strategy across Riot's Esports social media channels for all of our products (League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift). You will help to build a small team that will work with the Esports product and marketing teams. You'll help establish goals and processes to produce industry-leading, player-focused content, support our international social teams to ensure content is localized and relevant to players and fans in every region.
You have experience managing a team, aren't afraid to take risks and encourage innovation, and you're passionate about Riot Games and Esports. You can operate at a strategic level, setting vision and building collaboration. While you have a good eye for creative and copy, you are informed by the numbers too. You bring verve to your projects and gain the trust of partners easily.
The Senior Manager of Social Strategy will report into the Senior Director of Player Community, but will focus their time working within the Esports marketing group.
• Develop playbooks to support global teams that embody Riot Games' vision and tone, specified for each our esports unique brand and player needs
• Develop and implement the overarching channel and community strategy for League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift esports and collaborate closely with regional teams to execute
• Manage League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift esports global channels, overseeing and managing an agency team, crafting topical content, driving relevant community engagement
• Work in partnership with numerous teams to provide compelling campaign strategies that help support their goals
• Monitor performance metrics at a global level to help guide social strategy and improve performance, and allow internal partners to better understand how their campaigns/content performed against internal and external benchmarks
• Continue to monitor the team's infrastructure (processes, technology) to support the their daily activities, and build a solid foundation for future work
• Serve as the Social Subject Matter Expert for large, cross-functional executive-level projects
• Mentor and motivate the social team to encourage personal and professional growth
• Manage cross-functional processes and external agencies
• 7+ years' experience working in online communities social media, digital marketing, or equivalent
• Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
• Proficiency with social media analysis and reporting and using tools such as Spiketrap and Sprout Social.
• Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and a strong understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
• Experience leading with influence and managing teams
• Experience with social media services around the world and have developed strategies unique to each (in particular Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitch)
• Familiarity with Riot Games' IP and audiences
• Familiarity with Esports
• Experience with developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re49k0-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.