As part of the Illustration team, you'll support a team of the industry's leading illustrators in the creation of splash art and key art visuals that capture the most iconic and vivid renderings of our champions and worlds. By focusing on People Management, Craft Health, Systems and Art Operations, you will help your team delight millions of players, uphold our quality bar, and create memorable art at a healthy development pace.
As a Senior Art Manager you will bring your years of experience to focus on the operations, processes, long-term health, and creative development of the Splash team's Illustrators and Art Leads. You'll partner closely with the Splash Production leads to build a future vision for the team, robust, scalable systems, collaborative partnerships, and player focused content. You will support the Splash Illustrators and Art Leads in their careers as we create assets that will both surprise and delight players. You will work closely with Product Leads, Delivery Leads, Stakeholders, and Art Directors to stay aligned on vision and priorities for all of our diverse projects. And you will work closely with the Craft Art Leads on PIE and other LoL initiatives to build a 'future forward' workflow and consistent quality and style.
• Manage career growth, comp, and motivation of all direct reports.
• Responsible for a healthy art team, considering pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of Splash Art Leads and Illustrators.
• Hire talent and ensure a good onboarding experience.
• Managing contracts for external partners
• Support and scale outsource art development and pipelines
• Leading efforts in Art Documentation & organization of systems; Drive the development of style guides, clarity frameworks, and process/pipeline guidelines
• Manage and communicate progress with the wider team
• Actively support, mentor, and manage the Splash Art Leads and Illustrators by communicating department initiatives, sharing best practices, elevating leadership at Riot, and contributing as a community member.
• 10+ years experience in video games industry
• 4+ years of management experience
• Worked on shipped titles and sustained titles ('evergreen' projects, like LoL)
• Understanding of task prioritization techniques/processes
• High proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
• Familiar with manager work systems (Performance Calibration methods and software)
• Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
• Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejm02-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.