Riot's Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by crafting communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal, and passionate culture. We strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything vital to internal messaging and work across all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As a Senior Internal Communications Manager, supporting our People Team, you will report to the Manager, Internal Communications and help Rioters worldwide stay informed about important programs and systems that help them develop and succeed at Riot. You'll create global internal comms plans that support the rollout of our highest priority programs and changes to People Team programs, while working with the team to sustain and bolster any existing programs. You'll be a trusted partner to our People Team, their leaders, and our Chief People Officer, to identify comms opportunities across the function, and across Riot. You'll have a knowledge of People functions and programs, and an appreciation for the impact they have on the Rioter experience. You'll ensure a consistent tone and narrative, and master Riot's voice and internal channels to help the People Team think about when and where we message things to Rioters on a variety of platforms. You'll know and understand what's happening across the org, and surface stories that matter to the company and Riot's culture.
• Develop, execute, and advise on global communication plans and strategies that support People Team initiatives that balance, and address, both business goals and Rioter needs
• Develop relationships with global partners, and find opportunities to improve global engagement with the People Team's programs
• Shape and lead the internal People team brand through an understanding of the function's purpose and its impact
• Be a trusted partner; develop time-sensitive and important messaging and plans for the People Team, while also evaluating and reporting on Rioter sentiment
• Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved, or new mechanisms implemented globally
• Support in the development and mentorship of internal comms team members and People Team partners across Riot
• Play support on internal comms projects as priorities change, whether it's strategizing on a messaging plan, addressing a crisis comms moment, or working on a Riot event
• Lead cross functional internal comms plans and work across parts of Riot to guide agreement, collaboration, and results
• Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot, surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a company
• Build an authentic relationship with Rioters through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant messaging that's certified 100% BS-free
• 6+ years working within the comms space serving internal and external audiences, supporting a variety of partners and executive level leaders
• 3+ years of message crafting experience for global audiences
• You're familiar with HR programs and the impact they have on the employee experience
• You understand change management strategies and how to incorporate that into your comms planning
• You have a broad comms toolkit that you use to master any communication task at hand
• You exercise great discretion as it relates to confidential information
• You're an excellent partner and know how to work across departments
• You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
• You understand current trends in the internal comms space, with the experience to back it up
• You're tilt-proof, and can quickly adjust to sensitive situations
• Experience working with executives at tech or creative entertainment companies
• Passion for gaming and empathy for the player experience is a huge plus!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40e6q-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.