Riot's Games Pillar Communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation as the developer of the most player-focused games in the world. We partner with Riot's community and brand teams to showcase our games and the teams that make them.
The Games Pillar Internal Comms position endeavors to shape our internal environment by crafting communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal and passionate culture. We strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything vital to internal messaging and work across all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission. We love games and telling the stories that come from making them, as well as telling the stories of the people behind them.
As a Senior Internal Communications Manager, reporting to the Director, Global Games Communications, supporting the Games Pillar, you'll help Rioters worldwide stay informed about what's happening in and around our games. You'll work with partners and leaders to develop and execute global internal comms plans for all of our game teams that support priority initiatives, changes, or milestone cultural moments. You'll work as a trusted partner on comms and experiential opportunities across Riot. You'll set the bar globally for how we communicate while leveling up the team members and partners around you. You'll partner and work cross-functionally across multiple teams and projects simultaneously to drive alignment, collaboration, and results. You'll know and understand what's happening across the pillar, and surface stories that are impactful for our game teams and for our overall culture.
• Develop and advise on global internal communication plans and strategies for our Games Pillar that balance, and address, both Rioter needs and business goals, and synchronize messaging beats for maximum impact across all our internal channels
• Support the Global Head of Games Communications and core executive leadership team across their many internal communications needs - driving strategy, creating messaging, executive scripting, and deck building, creating narratives to support different games-specific initiatives
• Be a trusted partner, developing time-sensitive and important internal messaging and plans for the teams you support, while also evaluating and reporting on audience impact and sentiment
• Partner with Riot's Global Internal Comms team on games-related, company-wide messaging and experiential projects, while working across parts of Riot to promote agreement, collaboration, and results
• Develop relationships with global Riot partners, and find opportunities to improve internal engagement with our games and development operations
• Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved, or new mechanisms implemented
• Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot and the Games Pillar, surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know
• Partner with Games Pillar leadership, Comms leaders, and the People team on any change management plans and crisis communications
• Build an authentic relationship with Rioters within the Games Pillar team through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant messaging that's 100% BS-free
• 6+ years of experience working within the communications space serving all audiences, supporting a variety of partners and executive-level leaders
• 5+ years of message, script, and speech crafting experience with building presentations for executive-level leaders
• Experience directing or working with a production team to direct executives for VODs or company screenings
• Broad comms toolkit that you use to master any communication task at hand
• Experience handling confidential information
• Experience being at the table with the senior-most leaders of a company and not backing down
• Conversational in and passionate about games with an awareness of trends in the industry, entertainment, and tech where Riot should be a part of the conversation
• You are a master deck builder, knowing how images, GIFs, videos, and other visually compelling content can enhance a message to another level
• Detailed knowledge of game development process from creation to launch
• Experience with a variety of video game genres and gaming communities
• Detailed knowledge of the gaming and also the tech space
• Experience working with executives at gaming or tech companies
• Understanding of current trends in the internal comms space, with the experience to back it up
• Experience writing outside your voice-you can capture a leader's essence and style with relatively little hand-holding
• Experience managing people in the past, even if at the heart you love nothing more than tactical execution
• Passion for gaming and empathy for the player and fan experience is a huge plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqy0zm-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.