Los Angeles, CA
The Strategic Advisory department helps Rioters make strategic data-informed decisions. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, economists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world.
As a Senior Insights Analyst on the Player Platform team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, create insights and frameworks that'll inform how we build our products and experiences, and work with our Product Leads other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both our players and internal customers as well as the performance of our portfolio of products. You will report to the Insights Manager.
Player Platform builds and operates the services used by the Riot game teams to achieve the best experience possible to players, including Player Dynamics, UX, client, e-commerce and more.
• Analyze player data and product results to find relevant insights
• Partner with product teams on prioritization of their efforts, accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
• Determine the best set of metrics and KPIs to measure product and feature performance
• Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes in front of business leaders and decision makers
• Share the results of your actions with your teammates, so everyone learns together
• 6+ years of experience in business intelligence, economic analysis, or related fields
• Proficiency in SQL, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software
• Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes are important functions
• Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using multiple business or product frameworks and creating solutions for our players and our business
• Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
• Advanced degrees in Management, Economics, Behavioral Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences
• Can take broad questions and refine them into tightly-defined data requirements
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and an approach that prioritizes the delight of players.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.