Senior Game Product Manager, Monetization - Unpublished R&D Product
Product Managers lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal and external tools that unlock Riot's ability to deliver player value. By leading engineers, you'll drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You'll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot's company infrastructure into a highly adaptable, efficient and effective machine that multiplies Riot's ability to deliver player value.
As a Senior Game Product Manager at Riot, you will combine deep knowledge of players and systems with product leadership capabilities to drive player, product, and business impact. As the Senior Games PM within Research & Development, you will use your deep craft expertise to develop & deploy the monetization strategy & systems for the game. You will work with various product owners and game designers on the team as well as central R&D monetization design to finalize the monetization approach for the game and build the requisite systems (both monetization and interdependent systems, like progression and content) from the ground up. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Product Management.
• Develop a deep understanding of player needs and behaviors and use it to define and drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap for monetization and purchasable content in order to achieve player, product, and business impact
• Work with project leaders to define and set the direction for Monetization Systems and Content Teams
• Drive monetization strategy for the R&D project in collaboration with game leadership & central R&D revenue strategy
• Work with game teams to design & build monetization and progression systems from existing monetization philosophies
• Assess & prioritize teams' revenue strategy needs with consideration of risk, complexity level, and timing
• Analyze existing monetization best practices to make recommendations for existing teams and new pitches
• Partner with designers and product owners to guide game design and product strategy decisions in a way that supports player-focused monetization
• 6+ years of experience working in revenue/monetization strategy or related fields
• 3+ years doing revenue/monetization strategy specifically in games industry
• Excellent teamwork, team leadership, communication, collaboration and stakeholder management
• Experience conceptualizing, designing, and shipping a brand new monetization product, distribution mechanism, or system within the games industry
• Experience working with game teams, including designers, engineers, artists
• Experience conducting and socializing competitive analysis of game monetization design and distilling results into impactful recommendations
• Experience advising teams on product and game design problems by applying a combination of a broad & deep gaming background, game design craft, and product strategy thinking
• Experience optimizing monetization for a live game
• Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $155,600.00 - $217,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
• (Redwood City only) Base salary range between $170,400.00 - $238,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1j5ze-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.