Game Designer - League
Los Angeles, CA
Production at Riot Games help lead the vision of each product across the finish line and help deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we provide solutions that our audience needs.
As a Senior Games Producer within Riot R&D, you will report to the R&D Lead Producer, and work with internal and external developers to lead production efforts in bringing console game products to market. You will build relationships with developers across teams at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success at every stage of project development from: prototype and pre-production to launch and beyond as a key member of the development team.
• Drive the creation of product or feature roadmap
• Drive the delivery of team's feature work
• Ensure team's work matches overall project priorities and goals
• Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
• Communicate team staffing needs
• Team has predictable and measurable capacity for work through
• Ensure optimal team health, culture, and efficiency
• 4+ years of experience as a Producer on competitive AAA PvP console games with experience leading live game development and operations
• Have shipped multiple AAA console games with production responsibility on important features and content
• Ample experience working with gameplay teams
• Create scenarios for submission and release; mastery of First Party submission timelines and processes
• Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Find and address risks associated with important-milestones both for internal and external teams. Can use production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and create reporting.
• Experience leading teams through feature development
• +6 years of experience as a Game Producer or Product Manager on a AAA PvP action game with experience coordinating live game development and operations
• Mastery of production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and create reporting
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.