Associate Game Producer
Los Angeles, CA
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Senior Game Designer, within Riot R&D you will help Riot build a brand new AAA title. You will design and refine features, modes, and systems to help bring console game products to market. You will report to the Senior Manager, Game Design.
• Design and refine systems that delight and satisfy players needs for competition
• Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
• Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
• Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
• Playtest our game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
• 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
• Shipped or worked on at least one console-based AAA+ online competitive game
• Can create complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
• Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online competitive games.
• Views potential 'charged' player feedback as an opportunity to better understand and improve the product.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.