Sr. Manager, Engineering - eSports Technology Group
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer specializing in data technology, you'll pair with data scientists and product managers to build systems that directly impact the player experience.
As a Senior Engineer on the Security Operations pod within Central Data Applications (CDA), you will develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help deliver value to players and make life harder for troublemakers. Like all developers on the CDA team, you'll focus on data and machine learning applications that need to scale to support millions of our players.
You will report to an Engineering Manager.
• Create and promote a technical design and architectural vision for security operations data systems and tooling
• Work with engineers on the team to manage infrastructure for moving and processing large-scale data
• Improve log flows efficiency through data processing to reduce the cost of analysis and storage
• Convert log flows to Elastic Common Schema
• Work with Analysts to determine and implement the best practices for data retention and storage
• Design and promote standards for security operations data telemetry and processing
• Help engineers across the team select data technologies for their development needs
• Be the face of data best-practices to engineers on the team around the product by advocating for data considerations early in the product life cycle and educating teammates on how to get the most out of the Riot data ecosystem.
• Minimum 4+ years of industry experience
• Experience in Python and at least one of the following languages: GoLang, Java, C#, or C/C++
• Experience working on platforms that perform at scale
• Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies in AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
• Experience working with data scientists and analysts
• Familiarity with the 'big data' technology on spark, AWS and GCP
• Experience working with Docker and container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Marathon/Mesos, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97y2k-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.