At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Senior Development Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Operations, you will build and oversee the production work systems for the Consumer Products and Expressions (CPX) team to ensure efficient, timely, and well-coordinated development of the physical products this team delivers to players. You will work closely with the CPX leadership team spanning product, licensing, and creative to optimize processes such as production timeline tracking, bandwidth allocation and prioritization, and creative asset management.
• Assess and build the work systems CPX relies on to develop physical products in-house (e.g., ideating, concepting, sampling, and manufacturing physical product development), manage external licensees (e.g., sourcing, selecting, directing licensees) and to publish narratives stories (e.g., story development, publisher management)
• Drive working agreements on decisions and processes to ensure proper adoption and ongoing utilization of work systems across all CPX teams
• Create team wide transparency and predictability through roadmap ownership, anticipative resource planning, and active timeline risk management
• Coordinate and collaborate across Riot teams and regions to share visibility into CPX's roadmaps and solicit input from key partner teams to evaluate timeline impacts
• Measure, allocate, and manage production team's bandwidth to confirm team's production efforts sustainably reflect business and creative prioritization
• Monitor team wide health and identify improvement opportunities to continuously strengthen team's collaborative muscles
• BA/BS degree in related field
• 7+ years experience in project management, operations planning, business operations, or equivalent experience, ideally in consumer product goods or entertainment industry
• Managed project/task prioritization, project planning, and schedule development especially in creative spaces
• Experience designing and improving production work systems for physical product development
• Chartered projects and established working agreements for large teams
• Project management certification
• Excellent knowledge of agile methodologies
• Familiarity with DAM/DRM tools
• Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating meetings that are inclusive and engaging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekyw5-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.