As a Data Engineer on the MarTech team, you will build and support Riot's marketing data pipelines and systems. You will work across multiple marketing areas, including user acquisition, player relationship management, and personalization. Along the way, you'll partner with data teams in other parts of Riot, including those working with game data and central technology platforms. Together you will create engaging data-informed player experiences and insights that enable Riot to reach our players.
This position reports directly to the team's engineering manager.
• Work with data scientists and software engineers to ship data-powered features to players in games, in apps, and on the web.
• Integrate with external marketing and customer relationship management platforms to enable Riot's marketing campaigns
• Partner with researchers and analysts to ensure they can transform marketing data into meaningful answers without unnecessary work
• Advocate for technical best practices and help make our data systems more sustainable
• Experience building data models and developing data pipelines
• Experience with cloud service providers (AWS, GCP)
• Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with systems for data processing (Spark, Airflow, or similar) and storage (S3, Kafka, Dynamo, or similar)
• Experience with marketing, advertising, entertainment, or personalization
• Background in data science, machine learning, or statistics
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n1oy-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.