Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As a Senior Accountant - Esports, your precise and timely work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. You'll focus on the day-to-day accounting activities for LoL esports, the Valorant Championship Tour and emerging esports products. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. Your flexibility and innovation will help the team to develop thoughtful approaches to new issues and improve processes. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help to ensure Riot can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.
• Participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and researching and resolving discrepancies
• Account and invoice for revenue contracts, ensuring ongoing compliance with ASC 606 and timely collections
• Prepare accurate, timely financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
• Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain a deep understanding of the story behind the movements
• Set a high bar, pay attention to detail, have a hardworking and intellectually curious mindset, and effectively problem solve in a dynamic environment
• Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality
• Problem-solve technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
• Support additional ad hoc requests across the broader accounting team and Riot
• Collaborate and communicate across finance teams and regions
• Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• 4+ years' experience in public and/or corporate accounting
• Knowledge of GAAP standards
• Ability to work independently with limited direction or supervision
• Pro-active with the ability to positively cope with change
• Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to bring disparate teams together to move in the same direction
• Good time management skills and ability to complete projects with less oversight
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft excel
• Experience handling a variety of accounts
• CPA (or equivalent) license
• Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Oracle
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $89,400.00 - $123,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xnjx-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.