As Senior Environment Artist on the League of Legends PC Gameplay, you will help evolve the next generation of the world's greatest PC MOBA. You will empower artists and designers to rapidly build gameplay prototypes. You will create colorful, appealing, gameplay arenas, maps, and other worldbuilding assets. You will help test and deploy vibrant new League of Legends experiences to a global fandom. You will report to the 3D Environment Art Manager.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop novel player experiences.
• Create modular environment tile-sets, layouts, hero assets and props.
• Work with technical art to ensure asset technical compliance with platform requirements.
• Participate in playtest and craft reviews giving clear feedback.
• 5+ years of experience as a 3d environment artist.
• Familiarity with modular construction methodologies.
• Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
• Experience with stylized hand-painted styles or illustrative techniques.
• Proficient skills in 3D/2D Software such as Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, or Substance.
• Familiarity with the League of Legends IP.
• Familiarity with techniques such as PBR shaders, real-time lighting, visual environments, destruction, scatter terrain, or post-processing effects.
• Experience working with external vendors.
• Experience building games that feature isometric player-cameras.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,700.00 - $176,200.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob0v3-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.