As a 3D Asset Artist at Riot, your primary role is prototyping and producing models of characters using AAA modeling and texturing techniques. An additional secondary role is to prototype and build modular environmental assets. You will also work alongside other 3D modelers to help establish the next-generation art direction and workflows for visual updates to maps in League of Legends.
As a Senior 3D Asset Artist on the Summoner's Rift team you will report to a 3D Character Art Manager. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye, and understanding of anatomy, form, and color will be used to create 3D assets to help refine League of Legends visual art style. You will work closely with Product and Delivery Leads, to stay aligned on vision and priorities. Using your craft expertise and high-level collaboration, you'll work with an experienced and passionate team to deliver immersive and enriching experiences to players.
• Create 3D Art using a combination of modeling, procedural and hand crafted texturing.
• Create modular environment tilesets, key assets and props in League of Legend's art style and visual bar.
• Use Z-Brush along with Substance Designer/Painter to create 3D assets in League's art style that are baseline procedurally textured and then polished with hand painted textures.
• Work with Tech Art to create and export assets to the game engine.
• Provide timely feedback and paintovers to team members and outsourcers to help guide them in producing high quality assets aligned with the vision of the product.
• Collaborate with Concept, Tech art, Animation VFX, and Narrative, Audio, Design and Engineering teams to create resonating visuals that enhance the player experience in League of Legends.
• Drive the development and documentation for standard operating procedures.
• Maintain open and frequent communication with Production and other Craft leads.
• 5+ years' experience creating 3D environment props and/or characters in games, animation, or related industries.
• Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
• Demonstrated a deep understanding of anatomy, form, and color theory.
• Demonstrated ability to create stylized characters through past professional or personal work samples.
• Some 3D Environment building experience.
• Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universe
• Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o9m0-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.