As Rules & Compliance Manager for Riot Esports in Europe & MENA you will report to the Head of Competition Europe & MENA and be part of the Competitive Operations Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate our Riot Esports properties in Europe & MENA.
Your goal is maintain the highest level of integrity for all Riot Games esports properties in Europe & MENA. In collaboration with your colleagues from the competitive operations and legal department, your focus will be to create, maintain and update our rules & regulations framework as well as to serve as an escalation point for all rule infractions or allegations thereof that require further investigation.
• Be the principal author for all rules & regulations and related artifacts (in collaboration with legal department)
• Maintain the competitive operations knowledge base and data archive for Riot esports in the territory
• Create and standardize disciplinary procedures and maintain related artifacts such as the penalty index and penalty tracker
• Work closely with our legal department for risk assessment and to ensure legal compliance
• Work closely with competition managers and 3rd party licensees across the territory to ensure that integrity standards are enforced and standardized procedures are consistently followed
• Supervise the disciplinary procedures, from assessment of allegations, to the execution of investigations, to competitive rulings for all esports properties in the territory. Infractions include but are not limited to general rule infractions, personal misconduct, cheating, match-fixing, and performance enhancing substance abuse.
• Lead investigations and conduct interviews personally and/or with 3rd parties depending on the type of infraction
• You have 3+ years of experience in managing investigations, due diligence and compliance or have an advanced degree in relevant field
• You have hands-on experience in working with legal documents and policies
• You have experience in drafting and interpreting rules & regulations
• You have hands-on experience with investigations in sports, law, HR or equivalent experience with disciplinary procedures
• Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Turkish, Russian, Arabic, French, German, or Spanish
• You have a good understanding of the esports and/or sports industry, league and team business
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Commuting allowance
• Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
• Travel allowance
• Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!