Sr. Manager, Production, Game Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Researcher II - League of Legends, Gameplay (Market Research)
As a Researcher, you'll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you're an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher II on the League of Legends Gameplay team, you'll work with the team who focuses on enhancing in-game and around-game experiences to delight players for years to come. You will apply quantitative, survey-based research methods and statistical analyses to guide a deeper understanding of who our players are and how players engage with our core game systems. You will present your findings to senior leaders and help shape gameplay strategy. You will report to the Insights Manager on LoL Gameplay.
• Partner with LoL Gameplay teams to produce frameworks and insights that improve the game experience for both new and existing products
• Construct and perform studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
• Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
• Invest in building competence in traditional analyst techniques (coding, data analysis) to support a small, cross-functional Insights team
• BA or BS in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related social science discipline
• 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative market research
• Experience engaging at the product leadership level to inform strategy
• Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression though ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay research within the competitive genre
• Advanced degree in social sciences or a related discipline
• Experience with interpreting and synthesizing multi-modal market level data sources
• Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
• Familiarity with SQL (or other relational database approaches) and Tableau
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.