Los Angeles, CA
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds, that focus on bringing an astute understanding of players to Riot. We join together to represent and advocate for players from around the world.
On Riot's Business Health team, instead of embedding on a specific product, you will sit in the central Strategic Advisory department, serving all of Riot's portfolio of products by creating large-scale, foundational market research and business intelligence outputs for Rioters across the company. As a part of the larger Business Strategy group, you will directly support many of Riot's most important strategic and leadership planning functions. As part of the team's regular strategic reporting deliverables, you'll also answer important strategic questions for Riot leadership and others through analysis into datasets across Riot, using multimodal approaches that meld research, business data, and game analytics into holistic and digestible strategic recommendations.
As a Researcher - Business Health, reporting to the Manager, Insights, you will study and represent players around the globe. You'll join the Insights team to work with many Rioters from across the company. Your scientific skill-set coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are creating our products in a player-focused way.
• Analyze across many Riot datasets (internal and third-party) to understand which primary research metrics have a relationship to business outcomes, and the magnitude of that impact
• Make strategic recommendations to game teams and Riot leadership about how to respond to active shifts in player sentiment and behavior toward our product portfolio
• Perform multi-modal analyses about the health of our portfolio of products and overall business
• BA or BS in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, or a related discipline
• 2+ years of professional/academic experience in quantitative and qualitative primary research methods
• Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
• Proficient in SPSS, R, Python, or other statistical analysis platforms
• Experience performing basic survey research
• Experience performing basic qualitative research
• 2+ years of professional/academic experience in content analysis, NLP, or social listening analysis
• MA in the social sciences or market research, MBA in marketing or business intelligence
• Basic SQL
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.