As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will own the QA process for a team that supports one or multiple Riot products. You will work with your team of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
As a Quality Assurance Manager on Teamfight Tactics, you will report to the Sr. QA Manager. You will be the direct manager for one or more Quality Assurance professionals, providing mentorship and direct line performance management. In this role, you're responsible for ensuring that design intent is understood by the test teams, risks to quality are highlighted, and that groups across Riot are well connected to quality activities that ensure successful integration and delivery of massive & impactful events to Players. As a QA leader on Gameplay, you will be expected to provide key quality analysis & guidance to help steer development decisions for the team, including playing a key leadership role in establishing & growing our test automation capabilities.
• You will manage QA professionals on one or more teams
• Hire and retain qualified talent, while understanding and working with resource constraints
• Create measurable quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress
• Guide testing strategies and conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
• Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
• Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
• Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in product development
• Help improve product pipelines and workflows
• Partner across disciplines with leadership to influence decisions
• You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
• A minimum of 5 years of Quality Assurance experience in mobile experience
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
• Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
• Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
• Expert knowledge of product development pipelines and workflows
• Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and drive change
• Experience managing embedded QA professionals
• Experience working embedded with developers and content creators
• Experience working with remote testing teams
• Defect database administration experience
• Test Planning, execution and defect management
• Preferred Licenses/certifications:
• ISTQB Foundation Level
• ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• ISTQB Expert Level
• ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
• ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $156,400.00 - $219,300.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyk36-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.