Los Angeles, CA
As a Quality Assurance Manager, we manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with all development disciplines to create value for Players around the world. We oversee end-to-end quality for our products. We are guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set our teams up for success. Additionally, we partner with our team leadership and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. We also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely, to get our work completed.
As a Manager of Quality Assurance on League of Legends' Motivations initiative, you will provide leadership and quality ownership for both front-end and back-end technology and content related to purchasing, Store, Loot, delivery services, and configuration management, among others. You will deliver a comprehensive test strategy that supports multiple cross functional development teams within a larger product team. You will be the direct manager for three or more Quality Assurance prof essionals.
You will report to the Senior Quality Manager of Motivations.
• You will manage QA professionals on one or more teams.
• Hire and retain qualified talent while understanding and working with resource constraints.
• Create measurable quality targets based on product goals while driving visibility on progress.
• Guide testing strategies and conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle.
• Guide the development and incorporation of test automation across Motivations.
• Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
• Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation.
• Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in product development.
• Help improve product pipelines and workflows.
• Partner with diverse leadership teams to influence decisions.
• You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player.
• Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
• Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
• Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and effect decisions.
• Experience managing embedded QA professionals.
• Experience working embedded with developers and content creators.
• Experience working with remote testing teams.
• Defect database administration experience.
• 5 or more years of Quality Assurance experience, with experience in a leadership role.
• Test Planning, execution and defect management.
• Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
• Preferred Licenses/certifications:
• ISTQB Foundation Level
• ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• ISTQB Expert Level
• ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
• ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9z5w-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.