QA Engineers are analytical champions for quality, focused on testing extensively to ensure a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer on the SDK Features team, you'll help us test and build a suite of console SDK products. SDK Features provides a globally distributed SDK that helps power all games at Riot. Your expertise will partner with your player focus to provide quality platform experience that brings value to millions of players across many games.
You will report to the QA Manager of the Developer Platform initiative.
• Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
• Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
• Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
• Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
• Handle communication related to test status with all partners
• Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
• Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
• Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
• Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
• 2+ years of software QA experience
• Experience testing 1st party consoles (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)
• Experience testing services
• Experience testing SDKs
• QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
• Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
• Experience using test tools such as Swagger, SQL, Postman, and SoapUI
• Experience with Perforce and Git
• Experience with test automation tools
• ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87e9m-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.