Technical Product Management - Riot Direct
Los Angeles, CA
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to guarantee a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games. As a QA Engineer III on the Competitive Team you will run the QA process for the team. You will work with all disciplines to create value for Players around the world in a sustainable, quality-focused way. You will guide quality activities at every stage of the software development. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions and improve delivery through both short-term improvements and long-term strategy. You will work with other QA professionals to get your work completed. A Quality Assurance Engineer III will typically report to a QA Manager or Senior QA Manager.
• Establish the best practices that help your team ship great things.
• Improve quality activities throughout the software development life cycle.
• Establish the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
• Create, agree on, and oversee execution of quality and test strategies across all areas of development.
• Experience growing a culture of quality across a product team.
• Experience with Quality Leadership: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement.
• Experience tasking remote teams daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness.
• 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple product successes.
• Experience working on meta systems, products with a frequent update cycle, and competitive games.
• Preferred Licenses/certifications (or equivalent for all below):
• ISTQB Foundation Level
• ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• ISTQB Expert Level
• ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkb8k-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.