Manager, Data Engineering - Global eSports
Los Angeles, CA
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to provide a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on the Content Access Hub team, you'll help us build and operate a suite of API products the virtual economy across all of Riot's current (and future) games. Your efforts will help players gain access to content (Skins, Battle Passes, etc.) that excite and delight on a global scale. By being an advocate of holistic quality and reducing product/team risks, you'll help the Riot CAH team achieve globally distributed services that are responsible for managing inventory and acquiring virtual content for Riot Games products.
You will report to the QA Manager of Player Platform.
• Promote execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
• Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
• Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
• Work with the team to establish test processes, methodologies, and work systems that improve product quality
• Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
• Handle communication related to test status with all partners
• Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
• Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
• Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
• Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
• Participate in product design and feedback
• 3+ years of software QA experience
• Experience testing backend systems and services
• Experience with strategic goal setting
• Experience in an Agile work environment
• Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing complex technical systems
• Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
• Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
• Experience with scripting (Groovy)
• Experience with Perforce and Git
• ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.