As a Quality Assurance Engineer II on the Compliance Team, you will work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle, as well as helping to establish and execute team wide quality goals. It will be important for you to aggressively protect the player experience and deliver results in a high pressure, agile development environment. You will also be accountable as the quality owner of an area or product in addition to identifying and implementing quality improvements to the team's development process. Additionally, you may partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar. Lastly, you will Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality and craft data to report on the quality of the product and update partners.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a QA Engineer II on the VALORANT team you will help Riot test and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data, and report regularly on product quality. You will report to the Quality Manager for the project.
• Map your team's work to quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress
• Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in decision-making
• Conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
• Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
• Help call out risks, impact, and probability, and help plan mitigation
• Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team's work
• You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
• 4+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
• 2+ years working on console projects
• Experience working with external developers, QA, and content creators
• Experience with Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
• Experience with console platform compliance
• Experience working across Multiple Platforms
• Experience tasking remote testers daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness.
• Preferred Licenses/certifications:
• ISTQB Foundation Level
• ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• ISTQB Expert Level
• ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32774-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.