At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
The Production Accountant, Entertainment, Arcane oversees all the financial and operational systems and logistics relating to the production. Reporting to the Head of Production and Head of Finance, this is a key management role that requires financial acumen , diligence, speed, accuracy, understanding of the production requirements and accountability, understanding of the essential project financial operational and reporting requirements, and the ability to respond to the demands of a busy animated production project on a daily basis.
• Manage, maintain and develop all financial and related matters for Arcane and other studio projects, including vendor PO and billing, project related AP, GL and counsel, cost accounting and revenue management, and reporting
• Manage the onboarding of crew following budget and in liaison with HOD's, head of production, and the show runner
• Ensure smooth running, responsiveness, and operation with partners - Trevanna, CMS, York, etc. during projects
• Coordinate all financial and production finance data with Fortiche and other partner studios
• Effective and regular communication with all parties involved in the project
• Ensure all work is managed within the agreed signify process, including all stakeholders (especially the production head)
• Manage the financial aspect of any budget-impact processes and costs
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the project budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish monthly financial statements
• Work with internal team members (Head of Production, Show runner, Riot Entertainment Leaders) to develop, agree, and manage regular reporting and control processes for Arcane
• Provide data analysis and regular weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on Arcane or other projects to the Arcane studio management team
• Establish an EFC process to manage project budget against actual costs and income, setting procedures to flag and anticipate any issues in advance
• Provide Corporate or other third-party reporting on a timely and mutually agreed basis
• Help anticipate financial issues and develop solutions for solving
• Manage project cash flow and budget
• Ensure all legal and fiduciary requirements are met, coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting and any accounting issues for compliance
• Support wrap and close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with RIOT corporate reporting requirements and tax filings support info
• Bachelor's in Finance, Business Administration or Economics
• Six years experience in Production Accounting or Production Finance
• Experience managing budgets and financial reporting for TV or Film productions - animation production accounting experience is a plus
• Understanding of end-to-end purchasing process for productions
• Knowledge of production accounting concepts and practices, including controls and
• Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
• Proven diligence and attention to detail
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo7x1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.