Production at Riot Games helps lead the vision of each product across the finish line and helps deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. You should be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will lead the team in establishing clear goals and constraints, and ensure we have the plans, processes, and tools needed to achieve ambitious objectives.
As a Product Manager III within Riot's China Studio supporting VALORANT, you will report to the Supervisor of Product Management, leverage your knowledge and experience in the China mobile gaming market and work with internal and external developers to lead production efforts in delivering a quality mobile experience for our gamers in China. You will build relationships with developers across teams at Riot, as well as our partner in China. You will ensure that the team is set up for success for Mobile from pre-production to launch and beyond as a key member of the development team. By encouraging teams to collaborate we'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands.
• Lead mobile development efforts with a China based development partner team
• Communicate and get stakeholder buy-in on the ''why'' behind the team's work
• Owns the content and feature development roadmap, driving alignment and visibility across both VALORANT and our partnership teams.
• Develop accountability rituals and continuous improvement processes wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
• Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement between leads to make decisions that affect game service and operations in China
• Support all launch and release activities not limited to tech, greenlights, and live ops
• 5+ years of experience in product management
• 2+ years of experience leading a co-development or significant outsourcing game project
• Experienced in partner management and relationship-building skills
• Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Identify and mitigate risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams. Be able to use production tools like JIRA and Favro to track development and generate reporting.
• Willingness to travel to China, several times a year (subject to change under COVID-19 situations)
• Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across language and culture
• Willing to shift working hours to accommodate working with partner teams in non-US time zones
• Authorized to work in the US
• Experience developing and shipping mobile games
• Familiarity with the FPS genre
• Familiarity with Chinese gamer behaviors in both PC and mobile games
• Experience conducting consumer analysis and leveraging the learnings through new product designs
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zz0m-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.