Manager, Software Engineering - Game Agnostic Platform Services
Los Angeles, CA
As a part of the Production Discipline, you will maintain the relationships between our internal teams and our external partners to verify we are making the best possible games. By building relationships and inspiring our developers to collaborate, you will guide quality projects from Riot into players hands. You will help concept, provide, improve, and influence game development with our partners at each stage of production.
As a Product Manager in the China Development and Incubation Center, reporting to the Supervisor, Product Management you will join the effort of developing and shipping games for players in China. By encouraging teams to collaborate we'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands. We'll help concept, influence and achieve creative projects at every stage of production.
• Support the current Riot and Tencent teams on developing and launching a co-development project in China
• Work and align across multiple teams to lead social, commerce and other game features
• Plan out and track development milestones and timelines, ensuring any changes are communicated to the stakeholders for cross team visibility.
• Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement between leads to make decisions that affect game service and operations in China
• Support all launch and release activities not limited to tech, publishing, and live ops
• 2+ years of experience in product management
• Experience collaborating across different disciplines and teams
• Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across language and culture
• Willingness to travel to China, several times a year (subject to change under COVID-19 situations)
• Willing to shift working hours to accommodate working with partner teams in non-US time zones
• Authorized to work in the US
• Full-lifecycle project ownership, from creation to launch
• Familiarity with the FPS genre
• Familiarity with Chinese e-commerce and engagement systems in both PC and mobile games
• Experience conducting consumer analysis and leveraging the learnings through new product designs
• Experience using project management tools to track and achieve project milestones (Favro, Trello, JIRA).
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1nve-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.