As a Producer on VALORANT, you'll help with the production efforts of the VALORANT Competitive team to successfully shepherd production of and launch new competitive play systems. You'll help manage delivery schedules on the day to day, and facilitate efficient team organization that leads to high team morale and output. You'll work with the design and engineering leads and liaise with other teams to ensure feature production runs smoothly and produces world class content.
• Drive and help improve work systems usable by the Competitive teams.
• Teams have clear work systems that accurately track and deliver on production efforts
• Help ensures all teams have clean, up-to-date work backlogs
• Facilitates meetings, discussions, and decisions
• Ensures feature development follows consistent production protocol
• Teams have predictable and measurable capacity for work through
• Cross-functional work planning with accurate estimations
• Velocity tracking on sprint and release basis
• Sprint / milestone commitment tracking
• Dependency / risk tracking
• Quality tracking (bug count, bug velocity, subjective quality post ship)
• Teams track and communicate progress to stakeholders and rest of team
• Tracks ALL work (planned, unplanned, emergent) consistently
• Rolls progress back into master project tracking methods
• Directs all progress communications for teams and area
• Ensures stakeholders consulted and informed on all team progress and brought in to discussions as needed for project success
• End to end feature delivery tracking
• • Defines and ensures teams set and meet definition of done for all work
• Updates and tracks against common delivery checklist for shipping all work
• Teams' work matches overall project priorities and goals
• Ensures game experiences matches or exceeds player expectations
• Holds vision for player experience of teams' work where applicable
• Align to player journey and strategy for milestones
• Support team producers in creating team backlogs and setting expectations for outcomes
• Strategic work alignment & prioritization
• Act as liaison between the team, internal customers, and stakeholders
• Align teams, and be able to articulate how outputs ladder up to strategy and product vision as prioritized by Department Leadership
• Create and Prioritize teams backlog
• Player resonance
• Clearly understand the audience for the team's work
• Be able to action on critical product feedback and insight
• Champion a player focused mindset and be the voice of the player
• Ensures strong team health, culture, and efficiency
• Team work systems are efficient and adopted by everyone on the team
• Monitors team morale, ensures the team has a safe and supportive environment where they can succeed.
• Celebrates successes, makes sure team-building happens regularly
• Resolves team problems quickly
• Cascade work systems and best practices across teams
• 3+ years industry experience
• Has shipped at least one game in a production role (preferably in feature development or engineering services)
• Experience leading teams through content development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
• Experience with live game releases
• Exposure to competitive online rank or skill based features and systems
• Shooter Genre Affinity: You love playing shooters. You did growing up and you still do today.
• Proven Facilitator: You've helped lead development endeavors and have a proven track record of helping to create conditions for success for teams.
• Systemic Solver: You take a holistic systems thinking view of the product development lifecycle and adapt processes accordingly
• Player Minded: You are constantly thinking about what's best for the player audience. You drive development decisions based on the player's perspective, even when it competes with your own view.
Clear decision making and communication: You make informed and timely decisions, are able to communicate them effectively and walk your teammates through the tradeoffs.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzxkq-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.