As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer II on the Champions team, you will be in the role of a product lead, who guides the vision for champions in League of Legends. You'll ensure every new champion we create has clear goals, and that opportunities to revisit our older champions are carefully considered as well. You will be responsible for defining what success looks like and helping the development team achieve it. You will partner with other producers, as well as a diverse group of developers from many disciplines, to shepherd ideas from concept to completion.
• Lead the creation of the Champions team product roadmap that delivers on the outcomes defined by LoL's overall gameplay strategy
• Accountable for overall product quality and release goals of champions
• Ensure continued quality of the overall roster of champions and determine opportunities for improving older content
• Lead initial creative discovery for champions, partnering with creatives on the team, and identify clear goals in new opportunity spaces
• Mentor and coach other producers on Champions to support their success
• Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Champions leadership team
• Regularly assess the Champions team's maturity, health and composition and ensure the right staff are on the team and working on the right thing
• Work with and inspire a diverse group of developers, and create a culture of inclusivity that is supportive for everyone
• 4+ years experience in a software production role (i.e. - experience as a producer, product manager, project manager, or similar)
• Experience in game development and/or a good understanding of how artists, engineers and game designers build assets and game features for a modern game
• Experience building vision and driving a collaborative creative process with others
• Familiarity with League of Legends and its roster of champions
• Extensive knowledge of League of Legends and a deep understanding of the Champion roster
• Experience creating and building characters, and familiarity with character creation pipelines
• Experience creating high quality relationships and communications with players
• Experience building product strategy, product backlogs, and identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Experience managing or mentoring others (preferably Product or Development Managers)
• Experience running a live service with frequent updates
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8bo5-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.