Privacy Specialist (Advisory)
As a member of the Data Privacy team, you will play a key role in helping to define and operationalize privacy globally. This includes engaging with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will consult with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR and CCPA.
In the execution of Riot's global privacy obligations, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management to develop innovative strategies for data protection.
Daily you will be to help monitor compliance with data protection regulations. You will help raise awareness about our privacy obligations and compliance requirements both internally within the team and across the different organizations at Riot. You will be advising on data protection impact assessments and other risk assessments as needed to help keep our registers of processing activities up to date.
At Riot Games, we work in hybrid mode. You will need to be in the Dublin office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and you will report to the Privacy Lead.
• You will help train and level up the Privacy team as a whole as laws and regulations change and/or new guidance is provided by the regulatory bodies (e.g. ICO, DPAs)
• Support in maintaining internal process documentation with team members to strengthen the privacy compliance program.
• Create and publish clear guidance for developers, product managers and other Rioters to understand applicable Privacy controls and steps to manage compliance.
• Partner with Legal and other teams to identify latest Privacy-related regulatory, market, or other compliance needs.
• Work to support investigations and audit requests for data protection authorities.
• Communicate Privacy standards.
• Perform privacy reviews and data protection impact assessments, verify/improve data attestations and records of processing activities.
• Help Legal review privacy clauses in contracts.
• Develop privacy training for privacy and other Riot teams.
• 3 or more years of experience in a privacy, compliance, or data protection role
• Experience with privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA
• Certification or education in privacy or data protection preferred
• Experience working in a global and large-scale environment
• Problem solver, issues independently or escalate ; analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports and reporting mechanisms
• Experience synthesizing advice from legal, external counsels, and subject matter experts in the field.
• BONUS: Experience with modern data processing environments, service oriented architectures, cloud computing technologies and related security and privacy standards.
• BONUS: Familiarity with the OneTrust privacy management solution
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better we know that varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropvk1-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.