Principal Global Community Strategist - VALORANT
Riot Games' mission is to be the most Player-focused company in the world. As such, our Player Community team is essential in bridging the gap between internal teams and devs and our players through Communications, Social, Influencer, and Editorial work.
As the Principal Global Community Strategist on VALORANT, you will work with the Player Community and Publishing teams to launch the community and communication strategies for Riot's 5v5 character-based tactical shooter. You will develop campaigns, support efforts, and roll-out projects that support our brand, Product, and Marketing teams. You'll uphold best practices, including Player-First communication standards, working within Riot's social ecosystem to manage thoughtful content across social and creator strategies. Further, you'll serve as the voice of players during development cycles, ensuring that VALORANT succeeds players' expectations, authentically and holistically supporting the FPS community.
The Principal Community Strategist on VALORANT will report to the Senior Manager of Community Management, on the Player Community team.
• Develop the community strategy for VALORANT and build an engaged community of players, through articles, social platforms, and scripting videos, and serve as a forward-facing advocate and contact for the wider community
• Serve as the voice of players during the product development cycle to ensure player needs are met and launches are both successful and deeply resonant
• Support and collaborate with VALORANT's Developer team with player-facing opportunities, communication, and social media
• Work with Riot's International community teams to guide strategies to localize content that resonates with global audiences
• Manage campaigns from ideation to execution that start to develop the framework for what it means to be a true Riot fan and helps push fans of adjacent Riot IP further down the funnel
• 7+ years' experience working in and managing online communities - including social media, digital marketing, and influencer strategies
• Strong familiarity with the FPS community, including game mechanics, community, and knowledge of FPS creators
• Experience with community best practices, including communication strategies, user acquisition, and driving users through the funnel
• Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
• Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and an understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
• Experience developing custom community activations
• Familiarity with Riot Games' IP and audiences
• Experience developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
• Experience with collaborative campaign management
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and creating strategies that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $156,400.00 - $219,300.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qe2y-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.