Game Designers at Riot work to craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to build new and engaging moments for players.
As a Monetization Design Architect you will be part of the Teamfight Tactics design team and will work with product leadership to oversee meeting the monetization design needs of Teamfight Tactics. Reporting directly to the Design Director of TFT, you will continually assess the state of monetization design for the game, helping to identify problems and opportunities that need to be addressed and ensuring that the efforts made by teams to address them will lead to the desired outcomes. You will directly contribute to the design of complex monetization systems (and related, interdependent systems like progression) as well as support and mentor other monetization designers and revenue strategists working on building monetization systems.
• Work with product team throughout the lifecycle to ensure monetization and related systems achieve the best outcomes possible
• Assess teams' revenue strategy needs and associated risk, complexity level, and timing, and build alignment with product leadership on these subjects
• Contribute directly to the design of highly complex, ambiguous, or innovative monetization and other meta-systems to achieve best-in-class industry outcomes
• Stay apprised of current best-in-class monetization practices and develop a view of the future of monetization
• Work with other monetization designers and revenue strategists across the organization to establish Riot best practices
• Partner with designers and product owners throughout the product to guide game design and product strategy decisions in a way that generates ample opportunity for player-focused monetization, rather than closing doors
• Communicate strategic recommendations in front of stakeholders and senior leadership
• 8+ years expertise in design or product management in the games industry
• 6+ years experience conceptualizing, designing, and shipping a brand new monetization products, distribution mechanisms, and systems from scratch
• Experience working with cross-functional game teams, including designers, engineers, and artists on monetization topics throughout the full life cycle of development
• Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces into holistic, structured frameworks and applying these to craft solutions
• Established track record of independently and reliably tackling complex and impactful projects centered around monetization design, from ideation and scoping through to design and execution
• Experience advising teams on product and game design problems related to core design, meta-systems, and product strategy choices
• Experience conducting and socializing competitive analysis of monetization design and distilling results into actionable and making impactful recommendations
• Experience mentoring other Revenue Strategy members in craft and supporting them on their efforts
• Familiarity with recent monetization trends and strategies in the gaming industry
• Ability to operate within spaces that have little definition and high ambiguity
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x0x9-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.