The corporate communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, government affairs, executive visibility, social media, digital editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across Riot to showcase what makes Riot special and why we strive to deliver for players every day. We love games and telling the stories that come from making them, but we also help explain Riot to people who don't love games quite as much as we do.
As a PR Strategist - Esports (or Public Relations III as it's known internally), you will be based in the Berlin office, report to the Director of Communications EMEA, and develop and execute PR strategies for EMEA Esports. You will develop communications representing Riot Esports across media and press. You'll also master Riot's Esports mission and author communications that authentically reflect it.
• Develop and execute PR strategies for Esports in EMEA
• Assist with relevant PR plans, media strategy, and press materials across EMEA
• Work with the publishing and esports team to evaluate and align on appropriate content roll-out plans, embargos, and moments
• Disseminate timely plans, press kits, PR materials, and usage/embargo guidance to regional PR contacts and EMEA press
• Manage inbound interview and asset requests from EMEA press and and regional PR contacts, including: vetting outlets/opportunities and coordinating with appropriate developer spokespeople
• Establish and maintain relationships with Global counterparts to ensure a streamlined communications pipeline
• Maintain content calendars and PR roadmap to identify cross-game collaborative opportunities and prevent potential conflicts
• Author bylines, op eds, and other direct-to-Viewer communications on behalf of the EMEA Esports
• Develop relationships with communications leads across Riot to position yourself as a go-to resource for when tricky situations arise and they need extra firepower
• Become a communications expert for Riot and our games to sniff out the right stories that need to be pitched and shared externally, and craft the stories that help shape our sport
• Handle issues management and crisis communications when needed
• 6+ years of experience with PR, media, or similar consulting experience including pitching, interview staffing, etc.
• Experience working in a team; able to execute in a cross-functional environment
• Experience with project management; able to organize various moving pieces
• Experience with audience understanding; deep player understanding and empathy
• Experience identifying opportunities for industry leadership and partner with teams as-needed to execution on those opportunities
• Well versed in writing, with deep experience communicating the unique voices of individual executives and brands
• Familiarity with exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Commuting allowance
• Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
• Travel allowance
• Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5ye5-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.