PR Manager, Esports (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As PR Manager, Esports (Contractor) on the Publishing team in Singapore, you'll lead PR/Comms efforts across our portfolio of esports for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and more as Riot continues to grow our esports offerings. You will collaborate closely with the Channel Strategist for Esports and Head of Communications & Channels for APAC to manage external agencies to develop relationships with key media outlets, both endemic and non-endemic, and to create and execute successful PR strategies.
• Own and execute PR/Comms strategies and plans for all of Riot's active esports products across League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift in Asia Pacific
• Manage emergent and crisis communications pertaining to esports, producing required pro team or player-facing messaging
• Plan and organize esports PR events where required across Asia Pacific, including both remote and on-site press experiences, media tours, media days, roundtables, and more
• Produce and edit press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication -- often times partnering with tournament organizers or esports brand sponsors to enhance their PR/Comms plans
• Manage thought leadership opportunities for Riot esports spokespersons, managing interview and speaking engagements within the esports space
• Lead relationships with esports press outlets, bloggers, and more
• Identify and report on applicable trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our esports PR/comms programs
• 5+ years of PR/Comms experience, with the majority of that time spent in gaming, esports or traditional sports
• A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or a related field
• Top notch writing and editing skills, with the ability to masterfully and succinctly express yourself in written and verbal mediums
• Ability to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic and creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR is all about relationships, and have built and fostered relationships with key esports publications
• Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
• Proactive problem solving, in the face of emergent crisis which are commonplace in esports
• Experience working across several markets within Asia Pacific
• Adept at networking and relationship building
• Experience working at a major PR agency on gaming or sports clients
• Experience collaborating with internal or external clients, agencies, and vendors
• Experience in working across multiple markets within Asia Pacific
• Fluency in English is a must, but bonus points for language capabilities in any Asia Pacific languages: ex. Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malay, etc
• Passion for esports and competitive gaming
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roz0x2-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.