The Global Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global esports events and regional competitions. Our professional, semi-professional, and grassroots competitive tiers across all Riot games involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That's where you come in.
As our Organized Play Product Lead, you will architect and execute an exciting vision for the Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra esports franchises as well as future franchises such as Project L. You will manage the product roadmaps, partner with game development teams and develop the franchises into flourishing competitive ecosystems. You will collaborate with regional esports teams and third party partners to form a cohesive global strategy. You will be responsible for the financial health of each franchise. Reporting to the Head of Global Esports, you will help shape the future of TFT, Legends of Runeterra and future Riot titles.
• Develop and drive an overarching strategy for esports within the Organized Play titles, setting a clear vision, goals, and priorities that connect to regional strategy
• Own the holistic fan and competitor experience, and act as a product leader, and partner to other Riot teams to ensure the creative vision is delivered
• This includes viewer experience, broadcast development, live event experience, and fan engagement
• Key partner for all major programs of the sport
• Act as product lead for global tournaments of Organized Play titles and be responsible for execution of global events in partnership with functional leadership
• Ensure the Global Organized Play Esports strategy is executed and amplified at the local level.
• Partner with the R&D office as an esports representative to evaluate the competitive potential of future Riot titles. Collaborate with game leads to craft go-to-market competitive ecosystem plans ahead of launch.
• Work with internal development teams to design and build foundational platforms upon which Riot can create scalable competitive play systems.
• Create strong partnerships between Esports and the game teams to identify, create and align their product needs, roadmaps and in-game integrations to support the sports' goals.
• Monitor the P&L and health of the Organized Play esports ecosystems
• Approve regional monetization targets / budgets recommended by Commercial and Regional teams
• Establish and track metrics including viewership (e.g., AMA / PCU), audience satisfaction (NPS), and engagement (e.g., tournament participation)
• Serve as a subject matter expert on Organized Play titles on the Global Esports senior leadership team. Act as an industry thought leader and Riot representative to partners and fans.
• 8+ years of product leadership experience in sports, tech or entertainment
• Proven ability to create and articulate a clear product vision and strategy
• Deep understanding of the auto-battler, CCG and fighting game genres
• Experience managing complex, matrixed teams; including experience managing distributed teams
• Holistic product P+L ownership/management experience
• Demonstrated track record of delivering results across a broad-matrixed organization
• Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in the sports, tech, media, gaming or entertainment industries
• Experience with games or Esports businesses
• Experience organizing live events
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm71x-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.