As Narrative Editors at Riot, we work directly with writers and product teams to create excellent content for our players. We are responsible for our deliverables, both in terms of direction/alignment and scheduling, and also ensuring that they meet the overall discipline quality bar and specific product needs. We lean on years of experience to help build some of the most globally iconic characters and worlds in gaming. We use our craft expertise to enrich the players' immersive experience of Riot's intellectual properties, across a wide range of media.
As a Senior Narrative Editor on the Narrative Services team, you will report to a managing editor and our Narrative Services Producer. You will be paired with writers both within and outside of Riot, guiding them through the creation of story and game content that will surprise and delight our audiences. You will work closely with other team Product Leads and creatives to stay aligned on vision and priorities. You will proactively seek opportunities for collaboration, and quickly mediate and resolve any disagreements or misalignments related to craft or direction. You will also work closely with other Narrative Editors to strengthen our workflow and the consistent quality of our writing.
• Confirm and align the Narrative direction for products, in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholder/s
• Facilitate and ensure the execution of Narrative craft in written story content to the agreed direction, quality standards, and schedule
• Manage and communicate progress with product teams and the wider Narrative discipline
• Maintain good working relationships with product teams, other Narrative Services members, and Localization partners, and actively drive improvements to Riot Games' multi-language publishing processes (including sensitivity consideration, and direct translation support)
• Work with managers and Recruiting to ensure a good onboarding experience for new members of the Narrative Services team
• Actively support Narrative managers wherever/whenever required by communicating department initiatives, sharing best practices, and contributing as a community member
• Mentor other Narrative writers and editors in creating consistent, high quality content
• Assist in the ongoing development of process guidelines/documentation, and Narrative craft reviews
• 5+ years of professional industry experience
• 3 + years experience in game writing or prose fiction, and at least one other narrative medium (e.g., audio, comics, interactive stories, linear/non-linear game expressions)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience delivering quality work in partnership with other creative disciplines
• Experience creating content for release in multiple languages
• Experience mentoring people
• Familiarity with the League of Legends intellectual property, and its current range of Narrative expressions
• Experience with the commissioning and creation of story and game content within existing IPs, for game product releases or in direct support of them
• Experience working with external contractors/vendors, giving thorough direction, and delivering timely, clear, and actionable feedback
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work and perform a brief editing task
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6poo0-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.