Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot's second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to ''scale Riot's games to hyper-serve players.''
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We're also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We're focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
Motion Graphics Artists concept and give life to high quality motion projects for Riot Games products. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will transform static images into temporal works of art. You will make creative decisions to define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition, celebrate and function in collaboration with artists, designers and engineers, and help usher in the next generation of Legends of Runeterra UI.
As a Motion Graphics Artist on Legends of Runeterra, you will report to an Art Lead. You will design, lead, and execute on all of Legends of Runeterras motion needs like UI animatics, transitions, full motion user flows, in-engine UI effects, sprite sheet creation, and more. You will collaborate with UI artists, UX designers, Audio, Engineering, and QA on your product team to create stable and performant motion graphics that enhance the player experience.
• Create UI animatics by taking the visual designs of menus, buttons, navigation flows, and animating them according to the Legends of Runeterra quality bar and style
• Work with UX, Audio and Visual Design to create and iterate user interface animations in-engine
• Interpret and document motion conventions and best practices for future artists to leverage
• Confidently and effectively able to communicate and represent what motion can be used for and also when it shouldn't be leveraged
• Understand and present the product's features and goals by breathing life into the Legends of Runeterra User Interface experience
• Adeptly navigate feedback with Riot and external partners to achieve the products goals
• Participate in feedback loops throughout Riot, and contribute to communities of practice in your craft
• 5+ years of professional experience as a motion graphics artist
• Experience animating dynamic and functional User Interfaces, including systems, menus and HUDs
• Experience with real-time particle and VFX-based animations
• Proficient in Adobe After Effects and experience with the Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understanding of Perforce and game dev workflow
• Experience working Unity a plus
• Experience working in Figma and/or Adobe XD a plus
• Knowledge of League of Legends IP and style
• Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
• Full relocation support
• Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.