The Riot Communications Discipline includes experts in community relations, media relations, internal communication, social media, influencer management, and beyond. In partnership with product, regional, and esports publishing teams, Comms helps players and other essential audiences better understand Riot, how we work, and the motivations behind our choices. As a group we love storytelling and finding the perfect channels to tell those stories.
As a Marketing Communications Associate on the League of Legends Marketing team, you will create communications for League's most engaged players, sustaining long-term trust with League PC's developers. In particular, you will work with the teams who own core areas of the day-to-day player experience, like game balance, player behavior, and the client. You will report to the Communications Lead on the League of Legends Marketing team.
• Own League of Legends' biweekly patch communications
• Craft blogs and videos that keep players updated on League's philosophy, priorities, and commitments
• Craft announcements for contentious or exceptionally complex updates
• Partner with dev teams to anticipate and respond to player sentiment
• Provide rapid global player communication in emergent circumstances
• Help Riot teams around the world improve their communities' relationship with League PC and its developers
• 2+ years experience in a communications, writing, community, or brand marketing field serving multiple audiences
• Experience working with teams across multiple countries and timezones
• Experience creating communications for a global brand or product
• Deep familiarity with League of Legends and its community
• Ability to stay cool-headed and empathetic when your audience is upset
• Experience creating supplementary visual assets (eg. infographics) for written or video content
• Knowledge of owned and earned communication channels and their use cases
• Knowing how to measure the impact and monitor sentiment of your work is a huge plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx1ox-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.