Marketing Manager - Events, China
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Communication Manager, you will lead projects that harness Riot's creative energies to engage players in China with a deep understanding and appreciation of the Riot Games brand. You'll be working closely with a team of fellow gamers and creative professionals, you will develop a variety of publishing efforts and see them through the execution of key campaigns that bring value, excitement, and trust to the players of China. You'll work closely brand, eCommerce, communications, production, creatives, and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to bring engaging experiences to more players in China. You'll collaborate with stakeholders from across the company on the best way to promote and publish the game to the needs of Chinese players.
• Create campaign strategies in partnership with local/central communication team and different stakeholders that hit the mark in culturally‐relevant ways for players
• Develop and execute key communication projects and follow through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third‐party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China
• Ensure that locally developed marketing and communications assets are of the highest standard and representative of a player‐focused approach that fit our IP and brandings.
• Establish and use KPIs to measure and consistently help to improve marketing performance
• Track content performance and player sentiment as a day habit, compile analytics to better inform how well different contents reach, inform and engage players thus further improving the content strategy
• Maintain and evolve the core brand of our games from a Communication perspective, formulating a long‐standing connection with our players through communication brand building and expansion
• Be an expert on China players and China Gaming industry, and act as a nexus of publishing knowledge and communication.
• Well‐honed marketing expert with at least 5 years of experience in marketing/communication/PR, demonstrating success in establishing best practices, analysis, and trends, product positioning, creative and media strategies, PR and promotions
• Speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having in‐depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming industry; phenomenal communicator, not only can speak your mind directly, can layout the logics behind; persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
• Have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up the strong marketing instincts with meticulous analysis, metrics, and statistics
• Able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of publishing sub‐disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into brand management and development.
• Show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions from a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
• Understand die-hard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because
• Common Sense is not that common. You must have the good common senses to decide in a short period and make responses in a reasonable timely manner
• Passion in Gaming: You're a gamer with deep passion in one or more competitive genres and you use your gaming experience to connect with and represent players as a gamer yourself; as a gamer who loves marketing you'll stay on top of what is happening across all platforms and genres and analyze industry brand campaigns
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.