Manager, VFX Art - Unpublished R&D Project
As part of the Real-Time VFX team at Riot, you'll play a role in designing and implementing the dynamic, intentional effects that add atmosphere and depth to a range of gameplay moments. With your experience you'll create aesthetically astounding visuals that communicate essential gameplay information. You'll also be a part of the visual effects community which connects all visual effects artists across Riot in events ranging from technical knowledge share talks, hosting guest speakers, or even fun game time together.
As a VFX Craft Lead on an Unpublished R&D Project you'll report into the Art Director. You will be responsible for building and managing the VFX team to meet the project's ambitious goals. You'll work closely with other art and design leaders on the team to build towards a unified vision while owning and informing the VFX space, and make calls on how it contributes towards that vision. You'll create best practices that work for your project and team to progress towards production. You'll also connect with the VFX Managers across Riot to build report, share learnings, and keep informed across the discipline.
• Partner with the Art Director to define style benchmarks that will meet the needs of the product and players
• Work across team, and discipline to define and enforce performance benchmarks
• Understanding the VFX workflow to support efforts for improvements and surface pain points
• Own hiring manager responsibilities and create succession plans including onboarding accountability for new additions to future proof teams VFX needs
• Provide craft mentorship and guidance to level up VFX artists on the team to work towards artistic and career goals
• Creating and maintaining a healthy, engaged VFX team environment where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
• Represent your team's voice and direction to other teams and products
• Partnering with IP strategy to enforce IP consistency across product and bring visibility to other VFX managers on relevant VFX updates
• Partner with Expressions, Agents and Valorant Art Directors to proactively create strategies for emergent and long term future Valorant VFX IP and content needs.
• Work with OS supervisors to maintain successful craft discipline integration of OS vendors.
• Partner with Techart, Engineering, Production and R&D Project Leadership to define sustainable long term VFX production pipeline and tools needs that are scalable for our internal and external partners.
• Partner with the Art Director to design and implement the right level of VFX for early prototype through pre-production to ensure the project is set up for the transition into full production
• Partner with the R&D Sr. VFX Manager to keep informed, create, and enforce consistent best practices for VFX across the R&D game studios space
• 5+ years' experience in video games industry
• Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
• Shipped titles as a Senior or Lead VFX Artist
• Past leadership or management experience
• Past experience creating effective VFX pipelines
• Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, Houdini, FumeFX, Embergen
• Previous management experience
• Developing for the Mobile platform
• Unreal VFX tool set including Blueprint, Niagara, and Material creation
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $155,600.00 - $217,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
• (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $155,600.00 - $217,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r033b1-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.