As an Engineering Manager, you will partner with your leadership team to support and evolve your team's product portfolio; cultivate an efficient and sustainable team. You will also serve as mentors for a team of engineers, overseeing their performance and trying to find stretch opportunities for their growth.
As the Manager, Software Engineering of the Wild Rift: CoreTech initiative you will lead a team of engineers in delivering the foundational technology for a client and backend of a globally scalable, highly available, secure, cross-platform game as a service. You will driving efforts with our primary development partners across the globe. You will report to a Senior Manager of Software Engineering for Wild Rift.
• Manage a team of 3-5 software engineers ranging from mid to staff-level
• Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads
• Design the team composition and structure so that it has the skills and coverage needed for our goals
• Set and deliver a clear vision for engineering excellence by partnering with technical leads and product owners
• 2+ years as an Engineering Manager working on teams multiplatform game team
• 6+ years professional experience as a full stack software engineer
• Expertise with C/C++, C#, or Java
• Experience with Unity and mobile device games
• Experience with Software as a service backend development
• Expertise with growth and mentorship of engineers
• Expertise in software development life cycle, project management, and prioritization frameworks
• Experience with cross-play/cross-platform game development
• Shipped at least one cross-platform/cross-play game title (Console, Mobile)
• Fluency in Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ez5k-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.