Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You'll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As a Manager, Software Engineering within Research & Development, you will report to the Engineering Director, overseeing a small team of engineers on an early stage product. You will manage all technical decisions and help shape the product. In addition to leading the team, you will be hands-on in implementation.
• Manage a group of 4-7 software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
• Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
• Manage the technical health of product and taking an active part in its implementation
• Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
• Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
• Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
• 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer working in a game development team
• 3+ years as an Engineering Manager leading a team of 3+ engineers
• 3+ year(s) as a tech lead guiding the direction and implementation of a game
• Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
• Experience participating in technical discussions such as technical design reviews and code reviews
• Experience with game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o9j-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.