Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Accounts
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll partner closely with your leadership team to support and evolve your team's product portfolio; cultivate a healthy, high performing team; serve as a mentor to the team of engineers, overseeing their performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As the Manager, Software Engineering of the Player Platform, Social Infrastructure team you will guide and support a world-class team that provides a set of globally scaled and deployed services that power essential features used by millions of players every day to get into games and understand how they play with others. Your expertise building large-scale distributed systems will partner with your desire to bring value to and delight our players. You will report into the Sr Manager, Software Engineering of the Meta Game Services initiative.
• Manage a team of 5-8 software engineers ranging from associate to staff-level.
• Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
• Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
• Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
• Ensure what we are building is serving our customers long-term goals.
• 5+ years as an Engineering Manager working on teams that ship internet-facing software.
• 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
• Expertise in one of Java, Golang or Erlang
• Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
• Expertise with full software development life cycle
• Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
• Experience supporting game infrastructure
• Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5jkx-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.