Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You'll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Manager, Software Engineering within Research & Development, you will report to the Engineering Lead on a product, overseeing a small team of engineers on an early stage product. You will be accountable for all technical decisions of your team's focus areas and help shape the product. In addition to leading the team, you will be hands-on in implementation.
• Manage a group of 3-7 software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
• Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
• Be accountable for the technical health of product and taking an active part in its implementation
• Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
• Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
• Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
• 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
• 2+ years experience managing development teams.
• 3+ years experience developing microservices on live production environments
• Experience managing engineers and actively participating in their growth and development
• Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
• Experience participating in technical discussions such as technical design reviews and code reviews
• Experience with Java or Golang
• Experience with game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
• Experience with the pre production, production, and post-production phases of game development
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk30kk-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.