Manager, Software Engineering, PXM (Services) - Legends of Runeterra
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You'll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Legends of Runeterra PXM team, you will offer creative solutions to organizational design, and help lead the delivery of new features on our live, game-as-a-service Collectible Card Game (CCG) on PC and Mobile. You'll also serve as a mentor and coach for engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability. You will report to the Sr Manager, Software Engineering Manager of the Initiative.
• You will be both Technology Leader and People Manager for a group of 2-5 engineers.
• Managing the development of services across feature teams, ensuring good practices are maintained, and value can be constantly delivered to players.
• You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your engineers and their respective teams.
• Participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your engineers and their respective teams.
• Lead the team with a positive and productive tone. It's up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
• Help your team grow. What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
• 3+ years experience managing development teams.
• 5+ years experience in professional software development.
• 3+ years experience developing microservices on live production environments.
• Experience mentoring team members towards reaching their career goals.
• Proficient with Agile/Scrum and understand its value to work processes.
• OO Development experience in C#, Java, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
• Experience building effective collaboration across multiple feature teams.
• Working and maintaining great relationships with external development partners.
• Experience developing high-performance services at global scale.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Full-stack development experience, comfortable working with client and services code to create responsive real-time systems.
• Mobile App and/or Multi-platform development experience.
• A love for competitive card games, digital or print.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d226zm-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.