Manager, Software Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Wolf Engineering team, you will lead a team of engineers helping game teams integrate into Riot's Global Player Support platform. You will lead our Studios integration team - helping technical leaders on game teams understand the requirements for creating and releasing supportable services. You will oversee the game services integration into the Player Support ecosystem, ensuring that our global operations have the tools and knowledge necessary to support our players.
As a leader within Worldwide Publishing, you will be part of a broad team that enables Riot to launch and operate multiple games at scale. You will work with central and regional Player Support teams to help shape our player support strategy - and enable us to scale to meet our players needs through technology, not agent headcount. Whether players need support with a new issue with our R&D title in closed beta, or they have a question about League of Legends gameplay - Riot Player Support and Wolf Engineering are there to support them.
You will report to a Manager of Software Engineering.
• Manage individuals (4-10 engineers) and guide day-to-day work
• Be ''in the code'' whether through code reviews or direct hands-on contributions
• Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
• Be a supportive career coach for the engineers on your team
• Partner with recruiting in hiring world class engineers
• Hold your team accountable to Riot's engineering and performance standards
• Ensure the team is building solutions that meet our high engineering standards
• BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
• 5+ years of software industry experience
• 2+ years experience managing engineers
• 5+ years hands on experience with Java or TypeScript and ReactJS
• 2+ years distributed systems experience
• Experience working with customer support organizations
• Experience leading remote teams
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.