As Service Reliability Manager, you will report to the Sr. Manager Live Operation in Dublin and work closely with the Network Operations Center team globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players around the world. You'll help manage a team at Riots Dublin Studio that monitors and supports all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your management skills and understanding of operations will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience.
Some of the challenges that you'll encounter include overseeing incident management of a 24/7/365 team in an environment where every minute counts. You'll provide guidance during stressful situations and be the paragon of steadfast decision-making. You'll also help evolve the strategic direction, implement tactical goals, and maintain the health of the team. When safe to do so this role is expected to travel to our head office in LA at least twice a year to build relationships and foster collaboration.
• Coordinate communication and work over a global 24/7/365 team
• Maintain performance of the team through hiring, training, assigning and evaluating work, and taking corrective action where necessary
• Guide team members' career and craft growth
• Analyze incident trends and how the team can positively affect them
• Analyze incident management process inefficiencies and how to improve them
• Build working relationships with teams across Riot to increase the efficiency of the team at mitigating incidents
• Help drive operational and process standards within the team and across teams that interact with incidents at Riot
• Be one of the escalation points for the Network Operations Center to respond, mitigate, and resolve incidents
• Manage NOC Service level agreement commitments with NOC leadership, product owners, and service teams
• Contribute to the strategic direction, including planning, designing, and implementation of solutions that support NOC operations
• Ensure that the team is operating in compliance with local laws and regulations
• Help establish team plans and policies for business continuity during times of crisis
• 4 years experience leading a team and managing for performance
• 4 years experience working in technology operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong data analysis skills and a drive to seek improvement
• Understanding of the basic complexities of running an online service and the advancements the industry is making
• Knowledge of incident management and triage
• Experience managing teams through transitional change
• Experience supporting distributed teams
• Strong communication with the team, cross site, stakeholders, service owners, senior leadership
• ITIL Foundation v4 certification
• Degree in information technology, information system, technical operations, or equivalent experience
• Experience with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering)
• Experience in time critical/multiple data center supported NOC that is globally distributed
• Customer empathy for understanding impact of outages
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!