As a QA Manager, you will manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with software engineers, content developers, artists, project managers, and producers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to develop quality activities for every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
As a QA Manager on the Central Player Dynamics Initiative, you will help guide test strategy across multiple teams and products within the Player Dynamics space. You will manage the testing professionals who execute the strategy across the teams, guiding their careers as they grow within Riot. You will build strong partnerships with discipline leadership that will help you deploy QA best practices across the Initiative and across Player Platform. You will collaborate with Engineering to identify possible test automation solutions and execute on them. You will act as the voice of the player and quality owner for the entire initiative.
You will report to the QA Director of Player Platform
• Manage QA professionals on multiple teams or products.
• Hire and retain qualified talent, while understanding and working with resource constraints.
• Hold teams accountable for including quality and player impact as an essential factor in decision-making.
• Guide testing strategies throughout the software development life cycle.
• Identify and report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
• Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation.
• Help improve product pipelines and workflows.
• Be trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player and Customer.
• Be a quality owner for the Initiative.
• 5+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with experience in a leadership role
• Experience testing backend systems, services, APIs
• Experience with strategic goal setting with cross discipline leadership
• Experience in an Agile work environment
• Experience performance managing embedded QA professionals.
• Experience working with remote testing teams.
• Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
• You've grown a culture of quality with the people you work with.
• You understand the metrics that influence strategy and create change.
• Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing complex technical systems
• Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
• Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
• Experience with scripting (Groovy)
• Experience with Perforce and Git
• I/ASTQB Foundation Level
• I/ASTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
• I/ASTQB Advanced Test Manager
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7j4zk-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.