Managers of Game Production lead teams, initiatives and products from conception through launch and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to product vision, have a deep understanding of player needs, competitors and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality and time to predictably deliver at a high quality bar for players.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based, tactical shooter. As a Manager of Game Production on VALORANT's Esports Features group, you'll be responsible for helping Riot deliver features that blend VALORANT and VALORANT esports into a cohesive in-client experience for players. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you track progress, deliver content/features, and organize priorities and goals. You will also work with artists, designers, and engineers to provide genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the Senior Manager for your area.
• Drive the creation of team roadmaps that match product priorities
• Validate that the right products are being built through testing and research
• Collaborate across teams and products to deliver holistic player experiences
• Maintain stakeholder relationships and keep them informed of progress, risks and pivots
• Supervise delivery of team work throughout the software development life cycle
• Ensure the execution of risk management, velocity tracking, product review, and quality validation processes
• Continuously improve work systems to push toward development best practices
• Partner with cross-discipline managers to forecast and execute staffing plans
• Grow team members through mentoring, coaching, and direct management
• Build and maintain a positive and inclusive culture and regularly assess team health
• 5+ years of experience as a Game Producer or Product Manager
• 2+ years of experience as a people manager
• Experience shipping a game or major game feature in a production role
• Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
• Experience working with engineering focused development teams
• Passion and experience with competitive FPS games
• Affinity for VALORANT Esports or general esports ecosystems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn6mq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.