As Manager, Marketing Communications for Northern Europe, you will work with the team to set bold publishing goals for players in the region. Supporting team members on their professional growth journeys is a big part of what makes this role so satisfying for you: You love watching the team learn and move on stronger. You are never happier than when they are achieving their goals, sharing wins, going big, failing constructively, and creating player happiness all over the shop.
You'll work with Brand Managers to understand what will improve results and with the Marketing Communications Team to determine budgets and campaigns that maximise value and influence. You will support the team and work with people across Riot Games to build authentic and powerful stories around our products and players. You will oversee publishing outcomes across all earned and owned channels and lead the team towards craft and discipline expertise that raises the bar. You may lead the search for the perfect agencies or publishing partners and manage them for success.
As part of the Northern Europe team, you will report to the Country Manager and lead the Marketing Communications Team towards bold, clear goals. You'll join a team of diverse professionals bringing epic experiences to life through influencer activations, social media campaigns, press releases, tournaments, stories, and moments that connect our products to players.
The role is based in Reading, Berkshire.
• Lead the Marketing Communications Team towards bold, specific goals and operational excellence
• Create and support compelling 360° cross-channel campaigns with clear targets, tracking, and outcomes
• Manage a team to serve players in the region. Potentially you will also hire and onboard new members
• Direct agencies and partners -- PR, creative, advertising, tournament organisation, social media -- to maximise value and maintain healthy relationships
• Ensure our communication/interaction with players and partners is aligned with Riot's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Support the Country Manager with team management: goals, personal development plans, team health, and individual Rioter support
• Partner with wider Riot teams to represent Northern European players and ensure resourcing
• 5+ years experience in games publishing
• 3+ years experience managing teams
• You understand the Northern European gaming landscape, or a good chunk of it. You bring insight about cultural, behavioural, and social needs/norms in the region
• You know what good agency management looks like; agencies on your watch deliver at a high level
• You've built strategies and goals for teams and can turn a vague idea into an actionable task
• You care about our players and products - one of your driving forces is how to create player happiness
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Medical and dental insurance
• Open paid time off
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Wellness allowance
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
• Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmpj0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.