Associate Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Information Systems Engineering (Automation) - Enterprise IT
As a Manager, Information Systems Engineering, you will define the strategy for the current and future opportunities at Riot to help support scaling and improve efficiency by building automated solutions. You'll investigate, vet, implement, and roll out tools that will help Riot to effectively support our growing needs. You'll partner with Riot Enterprise teams to ensure highly efficient cross-functional collaboration.
This role will report to the Sr Manager, Enterprise IT Infrastructure.
• Lead a team that will partner with the Enterprise Teams to identify and execute on opportunities to automate high-value/high-cost tasks
• Working closely with different disciplines to understand automation requirements, map processes and workflows
• Stay closely connected to the tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team's technical lead
• Negotiate contracts, SOW, and budgets for development, roll-out, and support of automated tools and solutions
• Drive creation of training materials and programs and implement those with the various Central and Regional teams
• Possess deep knowledge of industry leading solutions and the bleeding edge of automation and tools innovation
• Level up automation engineers around them in software and engineering, technical best practice, and team collaboration skills
• Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges
• Solid understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation including experience collaborating and communicating with others.
• 2+ years of experience in a people management role
• 5+ years in scripting and automation in any language, but PowerShell and Python are ideal
• Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle: build, test, deploy and release management with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Communication and leadership skills
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmzm32-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.